Hi Year 6!
I hope you have all had a great half term?
We’ve got an fun filled half term of learning ahead of us!
- That our BOOST sessions (after school) start for some of you this week- please remember to bring back your slips!
- That I would like your parent(s) and you to join me for an informal meeting at either 4;45pm or 6:15pm on Tuesday- we’ll be talking about all thing year 6!
- We have a slightly new timetable starting on Monday- I’ll explain more on Monday!
- You can log into SUMDOG at home- well done to those of you who have used it over half term!
- You can post anything on this website- again, a big well done to those of you who have posted this half term (I’m now just approving your posts!)
This week in English…
We will be looking at poetry, focusing on the work on a famous poet called Ted Hughes- I think this weeks English should be realy fun and a bit different!
This week in Maths…
We will be looking at area and perimeter, including using formula to find the area of shapes that aren’t drawn on squared paper.
This week in Maths Blitz
We will be focusing on timetables- expect lots of games!
This week in GPS Buzz
We will be looking at subordinate clauses, including how we can use commas. We’ll also be re-capping on word classes towards the end of the week.
This week in topic…
We launch our new topic- out of this world
See you all on Monday!