Hi Year 6!
I hope you are having a fab weekend?
I can’t believe it’s the last week of the half term next week- I think we’ve had a great start to Year 6, and I hope you agree and have enjoyed the past 7 weeks?
Here is your handy guide to what our learning adventures are going to be over the next week!
- We are at school until Friday- some schools have training days later on this week- but we don’t (don’t worry- you get the same number of days off, but in different places- for example you had an extra day off at the end of your summer break etc!)
- The Halloween Disco is on Friday- I hope to see lots of you there
- To have your PE kit with you each day.
- That your home learning each week is reading, timetables and spellings.
- Phill is back in on Monday to lead a follow up workshop to his assembly last week. This means we will have our English in the afternoon on Monday.
- A slightly new timetable starts this week- I’ll explain the changes on Monday. We will also be starting a new program of Boosts, and have a new Grammar Buzz session each day.
- To post on this website- you have an audience waiting to read what you write I’m sure Sam from our on-line fled trip would comment on some posts if you were to write a post about the on-line filed trip and what you learnt/enjoyed etc
This week in English…
We are finishing our work on persuasion by looking at how we can write fabulous persuasive letters. This includes a lesson on arguing on Monday!
This week in Maths…
We are going to have one final day to secure your delightful division skills- some of you will be applying these to some brain bending problems Then, we are going to have a bit of a brain break from calculations and look at some geometry (shape) work.
This starts with a very special and top secret lesson on Tuesday, which I am really excited about… it involves the lights being off and the two word clue below (just fill in the liens with letters!)
__ L __ W / __ __ __ __ S
This week in the afternoons…
We will be finishing off our science work on classification, and also exploring word classes in our grammar buzz!
See you all on Monday!