Mars is the fourth planet away from the sun and has a thin atmosphere which is manly carbon dioxide. Mars is often known as the red planet because of its rusty red appearance. Mars is named after the roman god of war
- Mars and earth have the same landmass.
- Mars has the largest shield volacano -Mount Olympus
- Mars has the largest dust storms which can cover the planet
- On Mars the sun is half the size of it on earth
- When the southern hemisphere leans towards the sun it has a boiling but brief summer
- When the northern hemisphere leans towards the sun it has a long but mild summer